Do you love seeing people achieve their goals? Hei Whakapiki Mauri is looking for a Navigator to support disabled Māori and their whānau to make their dreams a reality.
Hei Whakapiki Mauri is a new initiative in Waitaha that empowers Māori with disabilities and their whānau through whanaungatanga and korero. We work with whānau collectively and now one-on-one.
Our new Navigator will support disabled Māori to become active members of their communities and plan for the future they want through one-on-one facilitation and mentoring.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Knowledgeable about Whānau Ora and its principles.
- Committed to disabled Māori being an active part of their community and an integral part of their whānau.
- Equipped with the skills and knowledge to help remove barriers for disabled Māori and their whānau.
- Enthusiastic about supporting disabled Māori and their whānau to dream big, plan for a great life and help make it happen!
- Familiar with the disability support system.
- Professionally qualified and / or have relevant experience.
- Computer savvy.
Lived experience of disability and involvement with the Māori community is an advantage.
Our Navigator will work from home and in the community. The hours will be flexible, based on when whānau want support - this may include evenings and weekends. You will need your own vehicle. The role is full-time, but could be divided into two part-time roles for the right applicants.
How to apply
Apply via Seek or directly to Kaiwhakahaere Ruth Jones using the details below. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ruth on (03) 354 8308, +64 27 440 8573 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline extended: Applications close at 5pm on Friday 17 February.